January was a surprisingly good reading month. I participated in my first readathon, broke my winter book buying ban, and read the most books I’ve ever read in a month. This month I noticed two things about my reading pattern: One, I’m a mood reader and two, I’m quick to abandon my TBR for other books. I may have to reconsider setting a monthly TBR. So, let’s start with the books I hauled this month.
Let’s Talk About Love by Claire Kann was on my most anticipated books of 2018. The Cruel Prince by Holly Black and The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller were purchases I made because I bought into the hype surrounding them. Everything Here Is Beautiful was a random purchase because I read and liked the synopsis.
BOOKS I READ
I read a total of 8 books this month. I enjoyed most of the books I read, with the exception of A Gathering of Shadows. The titles and ratings are below by format.
- The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros: 4.5 stars
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: 4.5 star
- Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman: 4.5 stars
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab: 2.5 stars
- The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson #1) by Rick Riordan: 3.5 stars
- Renegades by Marissa Meyer: 4 stars
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead: 4 stars
- The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson #2) by Rick Riordan: 3 stars
The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros | Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff | The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan | Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman | A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab | Renegades by Marissa Meyer | The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead | The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
See my live my reaction to A Gathering of Shadows: #merlinereadslive
How was your reading month?