Hi friends! The book blogging community has been so welcoming and supportive of me. I don’t have the words to describe how happy I am that I’ve meet such wonderful people. I’m definitely feeling the love and I want to thank everyone for the support! I’m sending all of you positive vibes. I was nominated for this award by two lovely bloggers. Kelly at Another Book in the Wall nominated me almost a month ago (I’m sorry for the delay!) and Ebru at Ebs and Her Books nominated me recently.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. Who was your favorite author as a child?
I was with obsessed with The Baby-sitters Club series as a child, so Ann Martin. That series was inspiring and I dreamed of starting my own baby-sitters club.
2. Which book/series makes you happy?
I’m sure almost everyone who grew up with Harry Potter will probably say Harry Potter. I am one of those people. This series makes me so happy.
3. What do you love most about blogging?
I love connecting with other people!
4. What’s your favorite book genre?
I’ll read almost anything, but I love fantasy.
5. What’s a trope in books you actually enjoy, and why?
I actually enjoy the unlikely hero/underdog trope. I see a little bit of myself and childhood experiences in those characters. That’s what drew me to fantasy as a child.
6. If you could visit a fictional universe for a day, where would you go?
This is one is kind of easy: The Shire. Food, naps, and Bilbo’s closet are quite appealing.
7. Do you prefer to read on holiday out in the hot sun or inside on a cozy winters night?
Inside, curled up with a cozy blanket and book.
8. What was the worst book you ever read?
Most classics I’ve tried to read bore me.
9. What Hogwarts house did you identify with?
I’m a Hufflepuff. I think I have a little Ravenclaw in me too.
10. Who is your celebrity role model?
Serena Williams. What she’s accomplished in tennis as a black women from Compton, CA is AH-MAZING!
11. If your life, as it is up to this point, was made into a film what song would be playing during the end credits?
1. What is your greatest accomplishment?
I still have a week of school left, but going back to school after taking 5 years off to get my master’s degree.
2. If you were to be a part of a charity group, which one would you be involved with? And why?
This is hard question to answer. For now, I’ll go with Hispanic Federation. I learned about them after the hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico last year. They provide disaster relief and other supportive services to Latino families. Check out their website here.
3. Do you have any tattoos? How many and can you share pictures?
Unfortunately, I don’t. I want tattoos, but I’m too scared to follow through. If I ever got one it would be “courage, dear heart” from C.S. Lewis’ Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
4. What is your favorite genre to read?
Fantasy. It’s always the one I come back to.
5. Where in the world are you from?
I live in Florida, USA
6. What is your favorite food to eat?
The real question is: What don’t you like to eat? Lol! I’m joking. My favorite food is Haitian food and macaroni and cheese.
7. If you were to be a superhero for a day, which superhero would you like to be?
Wonder Woman. She’s my favorite superhero.
8. Can you walk us through a day in your life?
A day in my life right now involves being on campus (university) all day for class, work, and internship. I spend a lot of time on campus. When I’m not in class, I’m either at work or at my internship, or meeting for work. I get home at 5:30 on most days, except for Mondays. I get home at 7pm because of my late afternoon class.
9. If you have to pick one song, which one you would to karaoke to?
10. Have you ever met an author and who was it?
11. If you could give one advice to new bloggers, what would it be?
Engage with other bloggers. Comment on posts. Schedule posts. Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- If stranded on an island, what three books would you have with you?
- What’s your favorite place to read?
- What’s your favorite drink and snack to have while reading?
- If you had to recommend one book (any genre) to someone, what book would you suggest?
- What author would you love to meet?
- Who is your celebrity role model?
- What’s your favorite food to eat?
- If your life, as it is up to this point, was made into a film what song would be playing during the end credits?
- What’s your favorite Disney movie?
- What advice would you give new bloggers?
I had fun answering these questions! Thanks for reading!