May was a pretty incredible month! I graduated from my graduate program, read nine books (a record), and this blog surpassed 200 followers! It brings me so much joy knowing that I’m not just talking to myself and that you all are enjoying my posts! Thank you!
This month I read nine books! Eight of those were contemporary, one fantasy, and I dnf’d one book (not counted towards my reading goals). My average rating was 3.8, which is close to my typical average.
I’m absolutely shocked that I only read one fantasy novel this month because 98 percent of the books I read are fantasy. However, I was in the mood for contemporary books. The books I read, ratings, and the ones I’ve reviewed so far are linked below. The books I haven’t reviewed are coming in the upcoming days.
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – 2.5/5 stars
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – 4/5 stars
The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner – 4/5 stars
An American Marriage by Tayari Jones – 4/5 stars
The Way to Game the Walk of Shame by Jenn P. Nguyen – 3.5/5 stars
The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo – 5/5 stars
We’re Going to Need More Wine by Gabrielle Union – 4/5 stars
Let’s Talk About Love by Claire Kann – 4/5 stars
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon – 4/5 stars
- The Unique Blogger Award
- The Awesome Blogger Award
- Discussion: Pros and Cons of Mood Reading
- Top Ten Tuesday: Books With My Favorite Color on the Cover
- Top Ten Tuesday: Fictional Worlds
Because of all the the free time I had this month, I blog hopped and want to highlight a few posts I enjoyed reading.
- Kathy @ Books & Munches talks about why Writing Reviews is hard
- Kay @ Hammock of Books had a discussion about Resolving Love Triangles
- Cindy @ readctbooks did two wonderful posts with bookish news and updates. For someone who’s not always in the loop, these posts were incredibly helpful.
- Revamp/simplify my review format
- Buddy read Jane Eyre
- Tackle the contemporary books in my unread pile
- Declutter my apartment and list furniture for sale
How was your reading this month? What were you favorite reads? What are your TBR goals for June? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!