Happy Sunday! Weekly Wrap Up is a recap of books I read, current reads, blog posts, and updates from my week. This week wasn’t my best reading week, but it was an exciting week personally.
The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang. Wow! What else can I say about this book that I didn’t already say in my review. This book is incredible and one of my favorite books of the year. Kuang’s debut novel is exceptionally written with intricate world-building and memorable characters. If you decide to read this, I recommend reviewing Kuang’s content warnings here because this book is graphic.
I’m currently reading The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Reid Jenkins and buddy reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte with Scrill @ Vicariously & Voraciously. This is my first time reading Jane Eyre because I don’t read classics, but I wanted to try one this month and Scrill offered to buddy read it with me.
- Mini Reviews: Stories That Are Complicated – I reviewed An American Marriage by Tayari Jones and We’re Going to Need More Wine by Gabrielle Union.
- Major life update: I GOT A JOB! I accepted a position earlier this week and start my first post-grad school position in July! I’m really excited about this opportunity.
- If you follow my blog regularly then you may have noticed that I updated my blog overnight! It was completely unplanned and random. I love the new theme colors.
- I surpassed 300 followers on Twitter! I don’t track my stats on Twitter, but I was really excited when I noticed this!
- I received my Black Panther candles from The Melting Library and I’m in love with them. They smell soooo good!
How was your reading week? What book(s) did you finish? What are you reading? Let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading!