Hi everyone!!! I can’t believe it’s been two weeks since I logged on here or even thought about my blog. The last two weeks were pretty busy and exhausting. I took a hiatus to focus on packing and moving to a new city for work and now that I’m settled, I’m happy to be back. I was tagged by Kelly at Another Book in the Wall to do this tag and I thought this would be perfect comeback post. Writing this tag was a great opportunity for me to reflect on the books I’ve read so far -38- and my 2018 reading goals. So, let’s get started!
1. The Best Book You’ve Read So Far in 2018
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
2. The Best Sequel You’ve Read So Far in 2018
A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir
3. New Release You Haven’t Read Yet But Want To
The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton
4. Most Anticipated Release for the Second Half of the Year
Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare
5. Biggest Disappointment
A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
6. Biggest Surprise
The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang
7. Favorite New to You or Debut Author
8. Newest Fictional Crush
Elias Veturius from An Ember in the Ashes quartet
9. Newest Favorite Character
Laia of Serra from An Ember in the Ashes quartet
10. Book That Made You Cry
The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
11. Book That Made You Happy
Born A Crime by Trevor Noah
12. Favorite Book-to-Film Adaptation
13. Favorite Post You’ve Done This Year
This discussion post I wrote about colorism and erasure of dark-skinned black girls in YA book-to-film movie adaptations. I was hesitant to post this, but it was deeply personal and I was so happy that other people had similar thoughts about darker skinned brown and black erasure.
14. Most Beautiful Book You’ve Bought This Year (Or Received)
Going with a pre-order here. Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor
15. What Books Do You Need to Read by the End of the Year?
Everything on my TBR shelf, but especially the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. I need to be ready for King of Scars.
If you haven’t done this tag and want to do it, I tag you!
What is your favorite and least favorite read so far in 2018? Let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading!