Hey everyone! I can’t believe we’re halfway through the year. 2018 is flying by, but that means we’re closer to my most anticipated read of the year – Queen of Air and Darkness! June wasn’t my best reading or blogging month because of moving; however, I read five books and I enjoyed all of them. I read two contemporary books and three fantasy. My average rating was 4.8, which is quite high. Most of the books I read this month made it on my list for 2018 favorite reads. Without further ado, let’s get into the wrap up.
1. The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang – This was one of my favorite books of the year. It’s adult fantasy inspired by modern Chinese history. I gave this 5/5 stars and I can’t wait for the sequel. You can read my review here.
2. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Reid Jenkins – This book was another one of my favorite reads of the year. This was such an unforgettable story. The writing and the plot was incredible. I rated it 5/5 stars. Review to come.
3. A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir – A Reaper at the Gates is the best sequel I’ve read so far in 2018. I loved Laia’s growth and the parallels to modern day issues. This was a 5 star read as well. I’m undecided about reviewing this book because it’s the third book in the series and I want to be careful not to spoil the other two books for anyone.
3. The Gentlemen’s Guide to Guide and Virtue by Mackenzie Lee – This was a fun read and I enjoyed the characters. I think this book could have been 100-150 pages shorter, but still a fun story. Rated this one 4/5 stars.
4. Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare – Lady Midnight was a re-read because I missed the Blackthorns and I’m obsessed with this series. I can’t wait for Queen of Air and Darkness in December. Gave this one 5/5 stars.
I wasn’t very active on the blogosphere in June, but Kelly @ Another Book in the Wall wrote this super relatable post about writing reviews.
- Re-read Warcross and Strange the Dreamer
- Finish my Jane Eyre buddy read
- Adjust to new job
- Post consistently on here and Instagram
- Catch up on blog posts and blog hop
How was your reading in June? What were you favorite reads? What’s on your July TBR? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!