Happy Sunday! Weekly Wrap Up is a post where I recap my reading, blog posts, favorites and provide updates from the past week. This week was a great reading week because I’ve been participating the month long NEWTs Readathon. If you have a similar weekly post, let me know. I’d love to check it out.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling. Can you believe this was my first time reading Fantastic Beasts? I’m a huge Harry Potter fan, but I never had any interest in reading it until now. I liked this book; however, I’m happy to know the illustrated edition exists because this copy would have benefitted from illustrations or sketches.
Dark Matter by Blake Crouch. This book was a Bookstagram recommendation because I needed to find a book with “Dark” in the title for a readathon prompt. I listened to the audiobook. I was blown away by this story and the narration even though there wasn’t a lot of explaining. Despite the rushed ending, this was a unique read. I want a follow up to this book.
Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young. This was an interesting reading experience. For most of the book, I felt pretty apathetic. I didn’t feel particularly invested in the story or characters. However, I loved the writing and how character driven this book was. I enjoyed Sky in the Deep more than a lot of hyped books that are out there. I can’t put my finger on what would’ve made me fall in love with this story because I truly enjoyed Young’s writing.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. I loved this movie so much. I’ve watched it at least 4 times since it came out.
- Made for Now by Janet Jackson. Janet is back and this video is incredible. I love the colors, and the mixture of different genres. I can’t stop listening and watching.
- I completed my NEWTs readathon! Since there’s still time left, I’ve decided to try to do two other prompts
- I surpassed 500 followers on Twitter! Thanks for the support.
- I received some major kudos at work!
- I completed my Goodreads reading challenge on August 4th
How was your reading week? What book(s) did you finish? What are you reading? Let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading!