I don’t mean to sound like a broken record…BUT…I can’t believe it’s already September. August was a great reading month. I participated in two readathons, read 11 books, and completed my Goodreads reading challenge. I also celebrated my first blogiversary with a giveaway (congratulations to @lunabookaddict). For this wrap up, I divide the books I read by the readathons I participated in. I hope you enjoy.
N.E.W.Ts MAGICAL READATHON
My goal for the NEWTs Magical Readathon was to get an Outstanding in Defense Against the Dark Arts. I exceeded my goal and got in Outstanding in Astronomy as well. I also got an acceptable in Charms and Transfiguration. I enjoyed participating in this readathon and I can’t wait to do it again next year.
My average rating for August was 3.9. I had a lot of 4 star reads. My favorite August read was Theft of Swords by Michael J. Sullivan. I read Theft of Swords as part of a traveling book that a friend on Bookstagram hosted. It was a fun adult fantasy and different from the dark adult fantasy I’ve been reading lately.
- I celebrated my one year blogiversary in August and hosted a giveaway
- I shared a list of books to pull you out of a reading slump in this Top Ten Tuesday post
- Review of my favorite August read, Theft of Swords
- I’m hosting a Harry Potter readalong on Twitter and Instagram. My goal is to keep up with that.
- Revamp my wrap up graphic
- Review The City of Brass, Sky in the Deep, and Nevernight
- Reach 300 followers on the blog
How was your reading in August? What were you favorite reads? What’s on your September TBR? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!