Another month. Another wrap up. I can’t believe the year is almost over, but it also feels like it’s been the longest year. I’ve already switched gears from Halloween to Christmas because it’s honestly the most wonderful time of year. But before I get too carried away thinking about Christmas, let’s get into my October wrap up.
WHAT I READ IN OCTOBER
This month I read a total of SIX books, which is a nice bounce back from last month’s reading slump. My average rating was 4.1. I enjoyed all of the books I read this month. However, my absolute favorite was none other than The Kingdom of Copper by S.A. Chakraborty. TKOC was my most anticipated 2019 release and it lived up to all my expectations. I don’t know how I’m going to survive the wait for the final book in this trilogy. Since TKOC doesn’t come out until January, I will post my review closer to the release date.
Nevernight by Jay Kristoff | Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller | Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller | Dark Matter by Blake Crouch | Red Rising by Pierce Brown | Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor | The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty
- Longest Books I’ve Ever Read | Top Ten Tuesday
- Let’s Discuss…Blogging
- Trick or Treat | Book Tag
- Weekly Wrap Up | October 14
- Authors I’d Love To Meet | Top Ten Tuesday
- Archenemies by Marissa Meyer | Waiting on Wednesday
- Villains I Love to Hate | Top Ten Tuesday
AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
Some of my favorite posts from other bloggers in October…
- Vicky from Vicky Who Reads wrote this really informative post about The Many Ways YA Books & The Community Isolates Teens.
- Destiny from Howling Libraries shared 25 of her Favorite Horror Films. I’m not into horror, but I was so impressed that I kind of want to try a few movies on this list. Of course, I’ll have to cover my eyes the whole time.
- Audrey from Libertea talked about Why [She] Loves Autumn. Loved the aesthetics of this post.
- Vanessa from Through Prosed Tinted Pages spilled the tea in The “Scary” Truth About Scribd. I had a similar experience and ranted about it back in August.
- Rae from Thrifty Bibliophile posted Blogging Tips for Book Bloggers.
- The highlight of this month was getting approved for The Kingdom of Copper and my blogger friend, Stephanie from Books in the Skye, kindly letting me borrow her physical ARC. I’ll never forget how great that moment was.
- I surpassed 600 followers on Twitter
- A personal update: I started going to counseling this month because my mental health was spiraling.
- I updated my blog graphics…again. I’m obsessed.
How was your reading month? What was your favorite read? What were some of your favorite things this month? Let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading!