Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week, she assigns a topic and I make a list that fits the topic. This week’s topic is a freebie so I decided to list a few books I wish I’d read in 2018. I know there’s still 3 weeks left in December so this might seem a bit premature. However, given that I’m still crawling out of last month’s reading slump and that I’m so much of a mood reader, I don’t have faith that I’ll get to these books before the end of the year. Hope you enjoy my list!
1. Rise of Empire by Michael J. Sullivan: Rise of Empire is the 3rd and 4th book in the Riyria Revelations. I loved Theft of Swords (books 1 and 2), but my reading mood changed and I didn’t get a chance to continue this series. I hope to rectify that in 2019.
2. Mirage by Somaiya Daud: I picked up Mirage during a reading slump so I only read about 60 pages. I wish my slump hadn’t gotten in the way.
3. The Chaos Inside Me by Elisabet Salas: This is a self-published book by one of my Emberling queens. I just haven’t had time to read it yet, but I really really want too.
4. Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames: I heard this book is entertaining so when I saw it at a used bookstore for $7, I picked it up. Unfortunately, need to be in the mood.
5. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi: My friend recommended this book to me and I read the first 10-15 pages, but again my mood reading got in the way and I haven’t finished.
6. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng: I was supposed to buddy read this with someone in January. We didn’t to it because I’m terrible at buddy reads.
7. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne: So many people recommended this book to me on Twitter when I was in the mood for romance during the summer. I bought the ebook on my Nook, but didn’t get around to it.
8. The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardguo: I read the first book back in April, but haven’t gotten around to finishing the rest of the series.
9. The Winner’s Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski: I bought this series from Book Outlet because one of my favorite booktubers mentioned that she loved the romance in this book. She doesn’t usually like romance in YA so I picked up the series. Need to read it.
So yeah, these are a few books that I wish I read in 2018. What books are on your list? Let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading!