Earlier this month, I sat down and thought about my 2019 bookish goals. I did relatively well with my reading goals this year; however, there are a few things (my unread shelf challenge) that didn’t work out. I feel pretty confident that I’ll forget about most of these goals by March or April, but I hope writing them down will keep me accountable. Without further ado, here are all the bookish things I want to accomplish in 2019.
1. GOODREADS READING CHALLENGE: My 2018 goal was to read 50 books. I completed that in August and will end the year with 75 books read. For 2019, I’m setting my goal at one book. I’m certain I’ll read more than one book in 2019, but for now this low number works well with my non-bookish goals.
2. BEAT THE BACKLIST: I found out about this challenge last week and decided this would be the perfect challenge to help me tackle my TBR before it topples over. I hope. The goal of this challenge is to read TBR books published in 2018 or earlier. I will post my backlist TBR soon and will use that to track my progress throughout 2019. Beat the Backlist is hosted by Novel Knight.
3. GOODREADS CHOICE AWARDS: I added this challenge on January 6th. The goal is to broaden my horizons by reading 12 winners from the 2018 Goodreads Choice Awards. These 12 are books that I normally wouldn’t pick up.
4. 24in48: I participated in this readathon at the beginning of the year. I failed miserably, but I had a lot of fun participating in it so I plan to do it again in 2019.
5. MAGICAL READATHON: I participated in the N.E.W.Ts portion of this readathon in the summer. I enjoyed it so much that I’m looking forward to to participating in the O.W.Ls in the spring.
1. GRAPHICS: I’ve made changes to my blog graphics numerous times this year because I still haven’t found something I like. I will continue to explore new ways to update my graphics. My goal is to find something I love by Spring.
2. REVIEWS: Reviews are my least popular posts. It’s difficult to get people engaged with these posts and they take a considerable amount of time to write. I’m considering making changes to my review format. My 2019 goal is find a way to make my reviews more interactive.
3. SELF-HOSTING: I have been thinking about self-hosting my blog for the past four months. I don’t think this is going to happen in early 2019, but I think Fall 2019 is a good time frame to work towards.
4. BLOG HOPPING: I did some blog hopping towards the end of the year, but definitely not as much as I would’ve liked. I want to blog hop and comment on posts more. Since “more” is not a S.M.A.R.T. goal, I’m going to say that I will set Sunday aside as a day to blog hop and comment on other blogger’s posts.