Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week she assigns a topic and I make a list that fits the topic. This week is an audio freebie. It’s no secret that I love audiobooks, but for this freebie I couldn’t decide what to focus on so I decided to list what I listen to at work. I spend a lot of time at work so audiobooks, film scores, podcasts, and music help me keep it together. I hope you enjoy my list.
1.Audiobooks – I listen to at least one audiobook a week. I typically browse Libby at the beginning of the week and find something that I can listen to. If I have an Audible credit, I use that too. This week I’m listening to The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch on Hoopla. Last week I listened to Daisy Jones & The Six.
2. Film scores – I love film scores about as much as I love audiobooks so I always play a film score. Pirates of the Caribbean, Black Panther, Gladiator, Thor: Ragnarok, The Hunger Games, and Harry Potter are just a few of my favorites.
3. The Read – This is my all-time favorite podcast. I just love listening to Kid Fury and Crissle discuss pop culture, black excellence, and more.
4. Black Panther soundtrack – The soundtrack is different from the film score. The soundtrack includes songs like All the Stars and King’s Dead. I love the whole thing and it gets me hyped when I need it.
5. Nao – I discovered Nao a few weeks ago and I haven’t stopped listening to her music. My favorite songs are Another Lifetime and Orbit.
6. Soft Pop playlist – I have a soft pop playlist on Spotify because I try to keep the music I play in my office clean just in case someone walks in. This playlist includes songs like Bloom by The Paper Kites, Retrograde by James Blake, War of Hearts by Ruelle, I Like Me Better by Lauv and Maroon 5.
7. Haitain Music – I’m Haitian and I love Kompa (music genre) so I play that or Carnival music often too. My go to artist is Carimi.
8. Disney Songs – Some days when I’m in the mood, I listen to Disney soundtracks like Mulan,The Lion King, Hercules, and Moana.
Do you listen to anything at work? Let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading!