Hey y’all! Exactly a year ago I started this feature where I posted my monthly goals as an alternative to monthly TBRs because I suck at TBRs. However, like the inconsistent blogger that I am, I only did that feature twice. I’ve decided to bring it back because I think this might keep me accountable and help me stay on top of my 2019 goals. Without further ado, let’s get into the books I want to read in April and a few of my other goals.
TBR categories – I don’t like structured TBRs but as I mentioned in this post, I tend to fall into reading slumps when I can’t decide what I’m in the mood to read. So, I came up with TBR categories to help me decide what to read when my mood gets in the way or when I’m feeling slump-y.
So far I have these categories: Beat the Backlist, Goodreads Choice Awards, ARCS, Mood Reads, Buddy Reads, Most Anticipated, Twitter Picks My TBR, TBR Jar, Re-Read.
I plan to add more categories, but this month I picked books for the O.W.L.s readathon, ARCs that I have to review, and books I’m in the mood to read.
- O.W.L.s Readathon – I’m participating in the O.W.L.s readathon the entire month of April. For this readathon, I’m sitting for three exams: Astronomy (The Star-Touched Queen), Divination (Legend) and History of Magic (The Lies of Locke Lamora).
- ARCs – I have two May releases that I need to read this month: The Bride Test by Helen Hoang and With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo.
- Mood reads – I’ve been in the mood to read so many books this month. I started The Final Empire and We Hunt the Flame in March, but haven’t made a lot of progress. I hope to finish them in April. I’m also in the mood for Red Sister.
Professionally, the past few months have been difficult and quite stressful. Our office is severely understaffed so I’ve been slightly overwhelmed and easily annoyed. Because of that, I’ve been inconsistent with posts, responding to comments, and blog hopping. The good news is that the big project I’ve been working on is almost over. That said, these are my blogging goals for April:
- Publish two blog posts per week in April
- Blog hop and respond to comments promptly
- My blog is nearing 500 followers. I want to plan a giveaway for that
- Brainstorm blog content for May and wrap up the content I’ve been working on.
- Avengers: Endgame – I’m really excited for this movie. I was lucky enough to get tickets for a Thursday showtime.
- Epcot – My best friend and I are going to Epcot to enjoy food and drinks around the world. I can’t wait to do this because we’ve been talking about it since February.
- Be active – I keep telling myself that I’m going to start working out but I don’t. I sit for long periods at work and I’m pretty inactive when I get home. My excuse last fall was that it got dark too early because I get home at 6 p.m. With daylight savings, that excuse doesn’t work anymore. My goal in April is to walk/workout three times a week.
- Eating out – I’ve gotten better the past few weeks but I tend to eat out a lot. My goal this month is to limit how often I eat to just once a week.
What’s on your April TBR? What are your goals? Let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading!