Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had fun bringing in the new year. Today, I’m here to talk about my 2020 goals. I kept my goals this year short, low pressure, and manageable.
1. No Goodreads challenge or readathons – 2020 is the year I live my best mood reading life. That means no Goodreads reading goal, readathons, 5 star predictions, TBRs, or list of books I want to read in 2020. Low pressure and no commitments.
2. Read my own books – Since this year is a very chill and low commitment reading year, I’m not setting a structured goal for reducing my TBR. I want to read (or purge) as many as possible, but I’m in no hurry. I really hope I’m in the mood to read my own books though.
3. Read more adult, less YA – This is a long time coming and I’ve talked about it a few times. I lost interest in YA in 2019. I think it has to do with disappointing 2019 releases. Anyways, I ended the year reading thrillers and contemporary romance. I’d like to continue reading more of that and adult fantasy. There are a few YA releases I’m looking forward too though. You’ll see those books in another post.
4. Request less ARCs/accept less ARCs – I kept up with my 2019 ARCs as much as I could, but there were a few months when I ended up with too many same day releases. I want to avoid this again so I’m allowing myself only 6 ARCs for the entire year.
1. Save $1000 – Pretty self-explanatory goal. I want to save $1000 by the end of the year.
2. Pay off one credit card – I accrued a lot credit card and student loan debt during grad school. I would like to start paying off the credit card with the lowest balance because I need a small victory!
3. Exercise regularly – I started working out regularly (5 days/week) in November and I’d like to continue this year.